Tuesday, April 29, 2014

DIY Eye Patch For Plushies

Our little Boston Terrier Lulu is such a sweetheart most of the time, but when she sees a plushie laying around, she turns into a monster! She's probably taken out about 6 eyes and torn off just as many ears.
If the eyes are the black plastic kind, it can be quite difficult to repair. Here's an easy and cute solution.
Create an eye patch for it!
Before
After


Here's how:


1. Tie a string across the eye. I used a piece of grey embroidery thread.


2. Cut out a shape of a patch out of black felt.


3. Put the patch over the embroidery thread and cover the bad eye. Sew.


Voila! All better!


I think he looks happier!

In case you were wondering, Mr. Helmet is handmade by Cheeky Beasts based out of Seattle Washington.
They are cute little beasts and did I mention they have...butts!!


My children have a whole collection of them! I purchased them from  here.