Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy DIY Curtain Makeover Tutorial

AFTER



BEFORE
Do you have not-so-pretty curtains in your home like I did? 
Here is an easy way to transform them.

What you will need:

* Eco-felt (sticky back) 
* A pair of good scissors


Presto felt is what I used. Presto felt is an adhesive backed eco-felt. I purchased mine from Michaels
I used about 2 sheets of 9" x 12" size for my curtains. 


Step 1: Cut felt to desired shape and size. We went with an arrow and confetti motif. 


Step 2:  Peel off the backing and apply to curtain. My kids volunteered to help me! 
              Make sure you press firmly. 


Tip: If you decide to go with the same arrow design, I recommend applying all triangle arrowheads first. 
        This way you can balance everything out. Then add the rest of the arrow parts. 


Voila, done! If you want a more permanent installation, I recommend sewing the felt down on the ends. 
This is a fun way to temporarily spruce up your curtain for parties too! 


I really love how it came out! I hope you enjoy transforming your curtains in your own special way...